Saturday, August 10, 2013

GREAT ADVICE!

Howdy!  Thank you for the letters--they are like gold here at the MTC.  They are quite the motivation booster!  

Here are some answers to your questions:

~I'm glad you are concerned with the ever-prevalent problem of beautiful women flocking to the very sound of my footsteps.  However, you need not be worried!  I am satiating my amorous nature with writing letters to the girlfriends of other missionaries. I'll include a copy of one in a future letter (the letter, not the GF.)

~Yes, my teachers are awesome!  They teach both Portuguese and the gospel, and I aspire to be just like them.  They are both undergraduate students at BYU.  

~Sundays in the MTC are similar to any other day--we study the gospel and language for about 9 hours over the entire day, which is less than usual.  A random district is assigned each week to bless and pass the sacrament.  Last Sunday it was our week!  I said the blessing on the bread in Portuguese.  It was an awesome experience!  Because it was Fast Sunday, we had a testimony meeting as a zone.  It was entirely in Portuguese, and I felt like I understood every word!

~The food is wonderful!  There is so much of it that I'm always full.  And yes, Austin, it does taste just like "smooth money".


Here is some advice for this new school year:

*Constantly reassess who you are and what you want to be.  This year should be a turning point in your life.

You want to have success?            CREATE IT.

You want to influence others?      LOVE THEM.

You want to master yourself?       GET ON YOUR KNEES.


Please use your presence to uplift and edify.  "What manner of men ought ye to be?  Verily I say, even as I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment