Monday, December 9, 2013

FIRST BAPTISM!!!


So as you've probably guessed, this last Saturday I had my first baptism! Tamires, a young woman whose younger brother is a member. And Lucas, a referençia of Jonathan, a member in our ward. 

The first baptism!!!!
It was awesome! They both wanted Elder J. Santos to baptize them, which made sense, because he taught them both beforehand. Even so, it was so nice to see fruits of the past 4 months. And they are both awesome teens and will be solid members. I´m hoping that Lucas will choose to serve a mission in a couple years. 
 
I played violin for the service, and everybody thought it was great! I also gave a short talk about the purpose and meaning of Baptism. 
Riding the bus to Belem!







So in other news, the mission is going to have a giant musical devotional this Friday. I was invited to be a part of it. Our first rehearsal was this last Thursday. Elder J. Santos and I traveled 2 hours to a chapel in Belém. There were about 20 missionaries there, chosen for the ability to sing or play instruments. It was cool! 



Playing at a devotional rehearsal.
When I first played my violin, Sister Scisci was really impressed. She asked me to play the entire time during all of the songs. I´ll be playing a lot! :D 

We had another rehearsal today, and I led a practice with about 12 missionaries. I was glad to be able to help. 

Merry Christmas!
I hate to write so little. I will take the suggestion and write on paper and take pictures of it. 

Missionaries enjoying a small break!
I love you all! 

Called to Serve, 


Elder Gale
Elder J. Santos & Elder Gale!

No comments:

Post a Comment