Monday, January 13, 2014

MY NEW COMP FROM PERU!

Hello Family! 

I loved getting so many letters today! I like this maneira of writing emails much better-it feels much more personal and I feel closer to all of you. Sorry if parts of this letter don't make sense, I'm really tired and my computer is really slow. English is getting a bit harder for me recently.

I wont be able to respond to everyone’s letters individually today for lack of time. But I loved hearing about family news and it sounds like you all are doing great.

We are going through a bit of a hard time right now, I think it's just because of the weather. It set a record for Belém yesterday in rainfall. It rained the whole day and only lightened a bit at times before coming in at full force. We went to try to find investigators before church despite the rain and got soaked. We didn't end up finding anyone willing to go in the rain. A ton of the members didn't come to church because of the rain and also because of a temple caravan that is taking people from our stake to Recife. So we had hardly anyone at church. It was a bit miserable.

Elder Nores, my new companion, is the senior companion, as well as Leader of the District. And he actually has 1 transfer more than me here in Belém. He is cool, and we're definitely still getting used to each other. He is a bit hard to understand because he says a lot of things in Spanish mixed with Portugues. I will learn quite a bit of Spanish with him.

I'm hoping to turn Senior and maybe train next transfer. Our Zone leader stayed with us for a couple of days at the beginning of the transfer and saw that I know how to teach, find, and whatever else. We'll see...it's not that big of a deal. Usually Americanos take a bit longer to turn senior because they don't speak the language. It usually takes 4-8 transfers in Brazil before anything happens, but I know people that have done it in less.

We don't have anybody that can be baptized next week, which means we aren't living our full potential. We'll do better next week!

Sorry I'm not pumped up excited missionary of the year Elder Gale today. I'm almost falling asleep at the computer.

Love you all!  Called to serve,  

Elder Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment