Monday, February 10, 2014

PASSED DAY 200 ON MY MISSION!!

Hello to the world of people reading about my life! And particularly to my family that loves me so much and thinks and worries about me. 

First off, thank you so much Uncle Jon and Aunt Brooke for the package! I received it this last week, and it was a great spirit-booster! I loved the card, the ties, the music book, and everybody loved the granola bars. I appreciate the well-wishes and support that I feel from the people back in the USA.

So for letters....my letters to you guys should be coming anytime soon. I sent it several weeks ago when I had a chance to visit Belém (actually Elder Cedraz sent it for me because he knows where it is). It might take a bit to get there because I packed everything in 1 letter and it was pretty heavy. 

Update on my toe: I went to the hospital today and I´ll be returning next week. We don´t have a mission nurse/doctor, so we just go to the hospital like everybody else. I have to put a creme on my toe each day this week to prepare it to be cut next week. And because I know you guys love all the details, I had a wart on the bottom of my other foot that he burned off today. Or that´s what he said he did...I didn´t feel anything thanks to anesthesia.

Thanks for the offer for medicine! They have everything that I need here and I can receive a reimbursement for everything that I spend. So I will probably use my card and turn in the receipt later. That is what I have been doing with the other medicines that I have bought. So thanks again for the offer but I wont be needing any medicine. 

The docto also said that I should't walk for this next week...and I don't know how that will work. I will talk with Sister Scisci today to find out. There´s a chance that I will have to stay in casa this week.

And with the food situation. I think I dramatized the situation in my last letter when I said we don´t really eat a breakfast or dinner because I happened to be hungry at the time and hadn't eaten a breakfast or dinner that day. I wasn't really thinking :D It´s really no problem. We receive just enough for our needs here in the mission and that's enough for me. I'm happy and healthy here in Brasil! 

But I will make sure to keep up my health and eat well each day (even if sometimes I have to use my card to do that). I promise to be wise on using my card and maintaining my health, and I'm not going to give all the details on the money we receive each week. You're going to have to trust your 19 year old son that he's taking care of himself!

So on to the important stuff...

This week we found 15 new investigators! We really focused on finding new people this week and it really paid off. It really is a miracle, because we were very limited in our time to work because Elder Nores got sick on Wednesday and I wasn't able to work on Friday

But even with that, we found a ton of new people. 

A few of the elects that we found:

-Irma B. and her daughter K.

B. is an elderly woman of about 55 years. She´s a fairly devout Seventh Day Adventist, but is curious about why there are so many churches in the world today. There is a idea that it is impossible to baptize SDA and old people, so we're going to put that to the test. 

On Saturday, we talked with B. about going to church. She said that she'd like to but doesn't have sufficient ability to walk/take the omnibus. In the end, we were able to get a member to drive her to church. She loved it! She said that she will definitely go next week as well. 

-Irma L. and her family

The most important thing about them is that she is married to her husband! We have yet to met him, but we hope they will become solid investigators. We've only talked to a few of her children. She wasn't able to make it to church, but is planning on this next week. 

-R, B, R, D, V

A group of people that live together. Everybody is related in some way, but we don't really know everybody yet. They aren't very solid, but we're hoping on strengthening that next week. 

Old Investigators Progressing:

-G and her two daughters, I and I.

I think I am most excited about them. Actually the reason that G is getting more interested is because of her friend in the other area in our ward, Irma J. J is an investigator of Elder Cedraz and Romero, (that I found and passed on to them). She is very solid and there is a chance she will be baptized this weekend. She is really-really-really elect. She had a dream she recounted to the other Elders where she saw the inside of the temple. They were dumbfounded. 

Anyways, J invited G to Church this last Sunday, and G showed up with her two daughters! AND she signed up to give us lunch this Wednesday! If she is baptized she will be a very solid member. 

There are other people, but none of them have very much potential. I will find out this next week if I will stay in Castanheira or leave. I think I will stay here 1 more transfer...but I'm not sure. I hope that I stay!

The Penn Drive on this computer isn't working, so yáll will have to wait for the pictures. Thanks for the pictures you sent to me! 

Thanks for everything. Keep praying for me...I feel the spiritual support. I love you all!

Até mais!

Elder Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment