Monday, April 14, 2014

SALINAS IS A GROUP!

Hello family, everybody else in the US! I hope everybody's doing well. Life, as always, is steller here in Brasil-Pará-Capanema. It's starting to get very hot here as summer begins to emerge. I might even start to miss the rain...:D
I think the greatest notice of this week is the Title of my Email. Salinas finally became a group! I wasn't able to be there in the actual meeting when it was decided, but I felt a part of it all the same. The stake president came in from Castanhal to visit with the members and investigators and he quickly saw that Salinas was more than ready.
I feel a bit of pride in this. Elder Barros and I were actually the first missionaries to travel to Salinas. The members were the real driving force helping Salinas, but I feel privileged to have been even a small part in helping the members of Salinas grow together as a community in Christ. We don't yet know who will be sent/assigned to work in Salinas, but there will probably be another companionship sent there in the next week. It will grow very fast.
Meanwhile I am loving being here in Capanema with Elder Da Rosa. He is learning very quickly and has a lot of great ideas for missionary work. I hope we will stay together for a long time.
 The work is going fairly well. We are really praying for families to teach. We would appreciate the prayers of our family and friends to help us find, teach, and baptize families. The gospel is meant for families, and President is really emphasizing family's in the mission. Thank you for everything!
Called to Serve,
Elder Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment