Monday, November 17, 2014

NATAL BRANCO!

This week was full of miracles. I am absolutely loving my time here with Elder Ramos. I think this was one of my favorite weeks on the mission. 

I explained everything in my voice recording about the week and I'll try to write everything else that I can in the time that I have. 

Basically the biggest thing that is happening in my life right now...NATAL BRANCO!!! I am almost certain that this will be the greatest thing that will happen to me on my mission. We are preparing the biggest baptism service that I have ever seen on the mission, and we will do it with the entire stake. All of the families that I have prepared since when I came here to Macapá are being prepared for this date. 

Almost all of them need to be married. But we got around that! There is a special marriage place in Belém that has a member who works there. The regular time and money that it takes for a marriage is about 6 weeks and $200. However through this marriage place we can marry in 1 week for only $100! We are challenging everybody to be baptized together on this day. We already have 5 families that have said they will marry and be baptized on this day and we have 5 more that are still deciding. Along with everybody else we are teaching who will be prepared as well for our White Christmas. 

So that is pretty much blowing my mind right now...and I am really scared of the possibility of being transferred before this date. I won't be able to write so much today because of the letter I wrote to president, asking him to stay in the area. I've never sent more than 2 paragraphs to him. That gives you an idea of how excited I am for this next month. 

In the next email I will give a detailed description of each of our investigators that are preparing for baptism so that you guys could say some special prayers for them. I will make the recording today so that it can be ready next week. 

Sorry I haven't sent many photos...actually I have a problem with my memory card that it is not showing the photos when I open it on the computer, but when I open it on my camera it shows everything. There are some really cool photos, especially from the baptismal service this last week. I will send them to you as soon as I can. 

I explained it in the voice recording, but we had an awesome baptism this week! A woman who had waited for years to be baptized was finally able to realize her dream and enter in the water. 

Anyways I know this work is the work of the Lord! I hope you all continue doing the right things because I know the Lord will bless you. 

Love you all!

Elder Gale


No comments:

Post a Comment