Sunday, November 9, 2014

DAY OF THE DEAD

We brought 15 people to church yesterday. 2 complete families, 1 part-member family, and 2 women whose husbands weren't able to come/didn't want to. 

15 people broke my record :D It was quite the experience!  


We are in the front of the church (the actual chapel is in construction until June). 


Dia dos Finados!

Day of the Dead! 












                                                                  On the 1st Sunday of November, 
Brasil has the day of the dead. 








Everybody goes to the cemetery to remember their lost ones. We decided to do something special with the zone. 



We set up a table with materials of the church and I stood to the side and played hymns while the other missionaries sang or spoke with the people on the sides. 






















It was a great experience!


Our zone meeting! We brought food :D 



We surprised one of our investigators with a cake 
Sunday morning on her birthday! 

She got super excited and loved the surprise :D




And the Elders being crazy. 










Despite the fact that I didn't even remember that Halloween had happened, I had a great Halloween week! I only remembered when you mentioned it in your letter. The people here think the idea of Halloween is really strange. "You mean you really dressed up in a fantasy costume and knocked on people's doors...and they gave you candy???". Yah, that's the US for you.

Elder Nickell said that he went to the mail office and got my package! Now he said there are 3 packages waiting for me at the mission office! However, I will only be able to get them this next month, because the mission counsel was cancelled this month. That's okay, I've waited this long, what is another month, right? :D You guys are the best for sending me stuff. Seriously. 




I think I basically explained the week on the voice recording. I am loving the work with Elder Ramos. He is lots of fun and brings some great ideas to the area. 












I've really already said everything in the photo emails or in the voice recording. I love you guys! This work is real!








I know that families can be blessed when they follow the counsels of the Lord. Keep up with the daily scripture reading and personal and family prayers!

Called to serve, 

Elder Gale




No comments:

Post a Comment