Monday, January 12, 2015

5 TRANSFERS IN ONE AREA!

I have really exciting news for you guys about the transfers....



Are you excited?...



Are you ready?....



After 6 months and 4 transfers in the same area and the same zone with 4 different companions....



I WILL STAY 1 MORE TRANSFER IN THE SAME AREA!!! 


It looks like the flight passages were pretty expensive because I will officially stay 5 transfers (that is 30 weeks--7 months!) in the same area. I've already seen missionaries stay the same amount of time in the same zone, but I never saw them stay so long in the same area. 

I'm sure there are some areas where this would be sad or discouraging and some missionaries that would prefer to see other parts of the mission, but I am so happy to stay here in Macapá-Santa Rita. I really believe it is the best area in the mission. The members are so involved in the missionary work, and I love my recent converts. They are so excited and fantastic. Our investigators are also really strong right now. Finally we were able to revamp our teaching pool. 

So I know there are lots of things that still need to happen here in this area....Until now I have baptized 21 people in this ward, and my goal is to leave with 30 baptisms in this area. I think I'll have practically baptized a branch here :D It won't be easy, but I think it's possible. All of this is leading the ward to the Chapel opening in May and I believe the ward will split. We'll see what we can do. 

I love all of the sacrament meetings here because I can see the recent converts accepting callings, making comments in the classes, and integrating other investigators. I love receiving the sacrament by one of the young men I baptized and I am just waiting for one of them to give a talk in church.

I am very proud of the progress of the ward. A long time ago, when they had a chapel, they had about 170 people at church each week. When the chapel was put in construction, they went down to 80, which was pretty scary. That number continued for several months and never went higher than 115. When I got here I believe we were at a medium of 100. It's been a pleasure to see the progress since then. The members worked hard with us and now we are at a medium rate of 140 people at church. This last Sunday I believe it was around 160. ALL the seats were full in our house. The members are getting excited for the opening of the chapel, we just need to continue with that excitement. 

It's a pleasure to serve here in Santa Rita. If I could, I would gladly finish my mission here in this area. The field is white and ready to harvest! He that embarks in the service of God with all his heart, might, mind, and strength will not perish, but bring salvation to his soul!

I hope to qualify myself to this work developing Christ's attributes of faith, hope, charity, and love. Looking only to God's glory and not to mine. I have seen lots of success in this ward but I know that by my hand nothing is possible, and by the hand of God the possibilities open. I know that if we ask something of God,and it is a righteous desire, God will give it to us. If we knock, the door will be opened. (D-C 4). 

There is so much to do before June. I know I have to take advantage of this time because afterwards, I won't be able to return. The time that I have with this nametag is so very limited.

I also know that the greatest thing I can do here on my mission isn't to baptize and convert others, but to see the real conversion in my own heart. God has a special love and plan for each one of us and we are His children. Our purpose here is to live His gospel and see the change in our lives and in our hearts. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the only perfect and absolutely true church on this earth that has power and authority to complete the ordinances of salvation. And I know that every single one of the ordinances are in vain if we don't fulfill and keep them. Our goal is exaltation, to one day be like Him.

Trabalharemos hoje na obra do Senhor!
(Work today in the Lord's work!)

Called to Serve, 

Elder Gale

Carson's voice recording this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment