Monday, March 23, 2015

A MISSION IS NOT A SACRIFICE, BUT A PRIVILEGE!

Hey Dad, Mom, Family members! Friends! Neighbors!

I hope everything is going well for you guys out there. I'm doing very well here in Tenoné. Each day I'm liking the area more and more. We are starting to develop more love for our investigators and members and this helps us to be more bold and excited each day. I'm doing great with Elder Marler, my American companion. We fought a bit of sickness this last week but no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing! 

This last week was super busy, which is better than not busy at all! President called in on Thursday to do surprise interviews with the Zone, so we passed the info on as fast as we could. Everybody came in and was interviewed... except us. I think he will interview us another time or something like that. 

We had to do a ton of baptismal interviews, which was pretty time consuming. Honestly we almost didn't have time to work in our area this week! We are battling to hit our goal of 27 people baptized as a zone, but at 17 we are a bit far from it. We will work hard this week and hope for the Lord's help with some last-minute miracles. At least we want to bat 20 to finish the month of well. The stories of the people baptized in the zone this month are really special, as are all baptisms. There were 5 families of these 17 and so that is something very important. 

We baptized a very special woman named D in our ward this week. I sent photos and an explanation I. She was very ready, excited and elect!

I had a spiritual experience this week as we neared the end of the week and realized we had hardly worked in our area...how were we going to bring people to church to baptize in other weeks? How were we going to do our contacts? Follow up with the people we already had planned for church?  

All these things were very pressing, but as the week ended we saw lots of miracles. Several people who weren't even planning to go to church showed up and we even had an elderly woman who wants to be baptized.  So we have plenty of work to do and I feel blessed that when we do our part as leaders the Lord will make up the other part of the work that we can't do. 

A's Baptism! He's a great young man that looks like a kid but is actually 14 years old!  

This last Sunday he brought other members of his family to church that we are also teaching.



Other photos of the baptism! And...a whiskey bottle?

Photos from D's Baptism! D is a very special woman who was a referral from one of the members. 









We taught her over the period of 2 weeks and she wanted to be baptized! She is always very happy and smiling and makes great cake!





Just so you know, my release date is not confirmed but will probably be June 23rd. I had a good telephone conversation with President Scisci and he even agreed with me about the date. Now we just need the confirmation of President to close the issue. I will call him today to ask that he send the Ecclesiastical Endorsement. 

Just to let you guys know, I've officially made the decision that I will no longer be trunky :). The only time I'm going to think about the first weeks home will be on Mother's Day when we'll do a mini-planning session for after I get back. 

Until then the subject is locked on closed lips unless I need to do anything urgent like register for classes or confirm dates or whatever other stuff there is. For the members here and everyone else, I have been out a little longer than a year on the mission. I'll be ready and willing to accept it when I get back, but for now I am here on the mission and this is where I'm supposed to be!

Even though the mission is not easy, I love it and I wouldn't give up this time for anything! I have already grown to love the people here in Tenoné and I want badly to help this ward grow! I'll do everything in my power and will pray that the things I can't do be done if it is the will of the Lord. 

A mission is not a sacrifice, not a burden, but a privilege! 

Elder Gale


No comments:

Post a Comment