Monday, March 2, 2015

NO TRUNKY-NESS FOR THIS ELDER!

Hey Family, 

I'm sure you're all just dying to know where I am...and if you weren't able to hear in the voice recording, I'm back here in Belem!...more or less. I was transferred to Tenone, in the Icoaraci zone.   It's an awesome area that I am liking a ton!  Within Belem, it is the farthest zone that exists. 

My current companion is Elder Marler, from Hawaii!  Yes, an American--my first American companion in Brazil.  It's refreshing and very different having an American companion...I'm really looking forward to this transfer! He will finish his mission one transfer before me, so I have no idea if I will kill him or if I will just stay one transfer or what. I'm just in it for the ride. 

Tenone is super humble. I think it is the most humble area I've worked in. Only Pioneiro came close. It's mud all over....within the Tenone county there are no concrete streets, only muddy and wet paths. The members are great but to be honest I'm missing Santa Rita a ton. I'm sure I'll get used to the area and learn to love the people here and the members. 

The ward is recently divided and I'm seeing that they are in a really desperate moment right now. We participated in the ward council and I was able to share some ideas and I think the Bishop got excited, so we'll see if we can get some progress. Our main problem is Priesthood holders. We have 7 worthy men in the ward that can and are willing to work in callings...and one of them is leaving the ward right now. My personal goal is to help the attendance get from an average of 80 to 120 until I leave. We'll see if that's possible. 

Our teaching group is really small...we are basically starting our teaching group from nothing. But we'll find people to teach! We are receiving a lot of referrals, which is awesome! We had several miracles with people bringing investigators to church on Sunday. It was our Stake Conference and we had President Costa with us...he was fantastic! He emphasized the importance of Family, which I think was perfect for the members of our area. 

The details about the devotional with Elder Cook were fantastic. I hope you've listened to those. 

Love you guys a ton! You can count on me that I won't let "trunky-ness" get in my way of being a great missionary. I know that there is a special purpose for me here in Tenone...I have to achieve all that the Lord has in store for me. 

~Elder Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment